Checklist: What do I do first when buying or selling a home?
When buying a home things you should do first?
- Save up for a down payment.
- Strengthen your credit.
- Talk to a Mortgage banker to get a pre-approval letter to know in what price range you can search. They can also talk to you about any government programs or special loans that you may qualify for to help you in your home purchase.
- Decide what you like and don’t about your current home or apartment. Try to narrow down what it is you are looking for exactly. Distinguish your needs from your wants.
- Find a local agent to assist you in the home buying experience.It must be someone you trust and feel comfortable to work with.
When selling a home things you should do first?
- When selling a home, find out the value of the home by having a local agent prepare a Comparative Market Analysis.
- Run the figures and check to see if the amount you can sell it for will work with your financial plan.
- Spruce up the home and remove any clutter.
- Remove personalized items like pictures, posters and knick-knacks.
- Paint to spruce up the outside and paint the inside in neutral colors.
- Landscape the yard.